Point Blank is a full-service creative agency that specializes in grassroots engagement, advertising, and digital. We have offices in Vancouver and Ottawa, and staff in Toronto and Victoria.
We know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. We pride ourselves on our client friendly and time-bound process. We believe in building long-term relationships. Many of our first clients are still our best clients.
Our clients include the Alberta government, Greenpeace, the Translink Mayor’s Council, Unifor, and the David Suzuki Foundation.
The Digital Media Coordinator is responsible for the planning, implementation, and daily management and optimization of online paid media campaigns – for both lead generation, and brand/issue awareness. This position will assist in strategy and planning responsibilities including research and insights derived from past campaign performance. A critical eye for detail and a love for data analysis is a must.
A typical day at Point Blank might include a meeting with a Toronto-based union working to organize new members, updating delivery reports for a campaign to build awareness on electoral reform, and working with a colleague to troubleshoot a conversion pixel issue for a national email acquisition campaign.
You live and breathe campaigns, and are always looking to try new things to push the envelope. You’re a self-starter who’s always pushing yourself and your colleagues, who brings enthusiasm to work every day.
This position can be based at our Vancouver or Ottawa offices, or in Toronto – no other remote workers, please.
- Owns the day-to-day management and optimization of paid media campaigns
- Develops campaign digital media briefs based on client goals, and presents those recommendations to the project team and client
- Pulling and analyzing campaign performance reports to inform daily optimizations and testing recommendations
- Manages budget allocations and bid parameters to deliver most efficient results
- Manages traditional (television, out-of-home, ratio, etc.) media buys through external partners
- Assists in the reconciliation of invoicing and client billing.
- Evaluates the success of media strategies and campaigns.
- At least 2 years online advertising/media planning experience
- Experience with programmatic ad buying (self-serve and managed service), self-serve social ad buying (primarily Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram), and managing Google search, display, and other digital campaigns
- Demonstrated experience using first party data and pixels to reach targeted audiences and drive conversions
- Specific experience with email and mobile phone acquisition campaigns – either in business lead generation, or issue/election campaign acquisition
- Solid knowledge of website and social media analytics tools (e.g., Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights & Analytics, and new tools as required)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in analyzing data and/or market research
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following media technology tools is preferred: DFP, ad-servers, ad-exchanges, retargeting tools, Facebook advertising, Outbrain, Google Display Network, EyeReturn, Google Tag Manager
Must be extremely detail oriented, passionate about data analysis and able to multitask in a fast paced environment while working independently
Nice to have
- Experience working with CRMs & landing page tools including Nationbuilder, Engaging Networks, and Blue State
- Digital Tools, Unbounce, etc.
- Knowledge of data scraping, business analytics tools, SQL, data management and data hygiene
- Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, etc.
- Experience with landing page optimization – using Optimizely or Google Optimize
Why work with us?
- Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer a great benefits package – including a monthly phone and computer stipend, and a great health and dental plan.
- Our Vancouver and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to eat.
Step 1: Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Media Buyer”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Selected applicants to submit a written challenge based on this role.
Step 3: Written submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview.