Point Blank is a full-service creative agency that specializes in grassroots engagement, advertising, and digital. We have offices in Vancouver and Ottawa, and staff in Toronto and Victoria.
We’re not your typical ad agency. We work with causes we believe in – partnering with our clients to drive social change across Canada. From helping working people fight for fair wages and working conditions to helping move public opinion to force government action on a key issue, we believe that building movements is the path to change.
Our clients include the Government of Alberta, Greenpeace Canada, the Translink Mayor’s Council, Unifor, and the David Suzuki Foundation.
Why work with us?
- We’re a company of campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We challenge our clients – working hard to push the boundaries of campaigning, and champion the use of new tools and tactics to win.
- We encourage team members to champion passion projects – and get other parts of the agency involved.
- We offer a great benefits package – including a monthly phone and computer stipend, and a great health and dental plan.
- Our Ottawa and Vancouver offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to eat.
The Online Ads Buyer is responsible for the planning, implementation, and daily management and optimization of online paid media campaigns – for both lead generation, and brand/issue awareness campaigns. This position will be responsible for building ad sets, target audiences, setting up Google Tag Manager, and launching ad campaigns. It will also assist in strategy and planning responsibilities including research and insights derived from past campaign performance. A critical eye for detail and a love for data analysis is a must.
A typical day at Point Blank might include a meeting with a Toronto-based union working to organize new members, updating delivery reports for a campaign to build awareness on electoral reform, and working with a colleague to troubleshoot a conversion pixel issue for a national email acquisition campaign.
You live and breathe ad campaigns, and are always looking to try new things to push the envelope. You’re a self-starter who’s always pushing yourself and your colleagues, who brings enthusiasm to work every day.
This position can be based in Ottawa, Vancouver, Victoria or Toronto – no other remote workers, please.
- Owns the day-to-day production, management, and optimization of paid media campaigns
- Develops campaign digital media briefs based on client goals, and presents those recommendations to the project team and client
- Pulling and analyzing campaign performance reports to inform daily optimizations and testing recommendations
- Manages budget allocations and bid parameters to deliver most efficient results
- Coordinates traditional (television, out-of-home, ratio, etc.) media buys through external partners
- Evaluates the success of media strategies and campaigns
- Stays up-to-date on the latest online advertising tactics and tools – and drives ongoing improvement at Point Blank Creative
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a digital/online media buyer or similar role
- Strong experience with, self-serve social ad buying (primarily Facebook, Google, Youtube, Twitter and Instagram), and managing Google search, display, and other digital campaigns.
- Experience working in an agency
- Experience with programmatic ad buying (self-serve and managed service)
- Demonstrated experience using first party data and pixels to reach targeted audiences and drive conversions
- Specific experience with email and mobile phone acquisition campaigns – either in business lead generation, or issue/election campaign acquisition
- Solid knowledge of website and social media analytics tools (e.g., Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Facebook Insights & Analytics, and new tools as required)
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced in analyzing data and/or market research
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following media technology tools is preferred: DFP, ad-servers, ad-exchanges, retargeting tools, Facebook advertising, Outbrain, Google Display Network, EyeReturn, Google Tag Manager
- Must be extremely detail oriented, passionate about data analysis and able to multitask in a fast paced environment while working independently
Nice to have
- Experience working with CRMs & landing page tools including Nationbuilder, Engaging Networks, and Blue State
Digital tools, Unbounce, etc
- Knowledge of data scraping, business analytics tools, SQL, data management and data hygiene
- Experience with online research tools such as Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, etc.
- Experience with landing page optimization – using Optimizely or Google Optimize
- Facebook Ad, Google Ad and Analytics Certification
Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Online Ads Buyer”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Top applicants invited for an interview.