Point Blank is a full-service creative agency that specializes in grassroots engagement, advertising, and digital. We have offices in Vancouver and Ottawa, and staff in Toronto and Victoria.
We know that how we do things is just as important as what we do. We pride ourselves on our client friendly and time-bound process. We believe in building long-term relationships. Many of our first clients are still our best clients.
Our clients include the Alberta government, Greenpeace, the Translink Mayor’s Council, Unifor, and the David Suzuki Foundation.
As a senior member of the design team, the Senior Graphic Designer will work with the Creative Director as a part of Point Blank’s creative team to develop original art and creative concepts for client campaigns and events, pushing the boundaries of our clients’ brands, and developing fresh visual identities for organizations and campaigns. You will lead the briefing and production process of assigned design deliverables from concept to completion, either independently or collaboratively with other members of the design and digital teams.
You live and breathe design, and are always looking to try new things to push the envelope. You’re a self-starter who’s always pushing yourself and your colleagues, who brings enthusiasm to work every day.
This position can be based at our Vancouver or Ottawa offices, or in Toronto – no other remote workers, please.
- Design and deliver original files for digital, print and/or video applications including style guides, websites, share graphics, display ads, email templates, posters, and leaflets.
- When assigned as a deliverable lead and project team member, lead discovery with clients and develop product briefs, participate in weekly and ad-hoc project meetings, and gather and incorporate feedback from clients and internal reviews.
- Ensure that all design assets produced are of the highest quality and meet established design standards
- Develop visual identities for organizations and campaigns that work across mediums.
- Make appropriate image selections and suggestions based on the content of the product
- Work collaboratively on integrated campaigns that span different mediums.
- Liaise with external suppliers and contractors (printers, developers, etc.)
- Recruit, manage, and provide feedback for other staff or contract designers as necessary.
- Exercise political judgement.
- Work with the Resource Director to develop and manage budgets and timelines.
- Liaise directly with clients as required by the Client Manager / Deliverer.
- Prioritize tasks, set expectations, and meet deadlines
- Provide reliable turnaround within deadlines, promptly and directly flagging issues as they arise.
- Work within existing organizational infrastructure (dropbox, creative cloud, asana, slack, google docs etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years relevant work experience for a consumer brand, a brand-oriented agency, a not-for-profit, or on political campaigns
- Proven experience with working within established identity standards
- Strong design portfolio
- Innate curiosity and creativity, with a desire to embrace a steep learning curve
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent political judgement
- Proven oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional knowledge of mac platform and adobe creative cloud (photoshop, illustrator, indesign, etc.) is required
- Bilingualism an asset
- Experience with Asana, Slack, Google Drive
Why work with us?
Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
We offer a great benefits package – including a monthly phone and computer stipend, and a great health and dental plan.
Our Vancouver and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to eat.
Step 1: Send us your CV and portfolio in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Designer”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Selected applicants to submit a design challenge based on this role.
Step 3: Design submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview.