Account Manager (Alberta)July 18, 2022
Point Blank is seeking experienced Account Managers to serve our portfolio of high-impact clients in Ontario and Alberta. Your core accountabilities are rooted in delivering exceptional client experiences and growing client loyalty. You will hold and deepen key relationships, identify opportunities, propose and pitch new projects and concepts with existing clients, and help set the vision for our long-term work together.
Account Managers are proactive and accountable, and they deeply relate to our values of Stepping Up, Imagining Better and Putting People First.
This position reports to the Chief Strategy Officer and can be based anywhere in the province of Alberta.
- Work with existing clients through the sales process for new projects and expanded work, develop proposals and pitches
- Hold and develop relationships with key clients throughout their project experience
- Participate in debriefing and client experience conversations, and continue to nurture the relationship in-between projects
- Contribute to client case studies and other marketing assets to share stories about our clients’ work
- Develop long-term plans, helping to shape the vision for our work with our most impactful clients
- Draft annual and quarterly business development plans to grow loyalty with our clients and expand our work
- Participate in key events, conferences and meetings
WHO YOU ARE:
- You are passionate about progressive movements and enjoy educating and advising like minded clients. You love to understand your clients and connect them with creative solutions and identify opportunities for them.
- You are an organized team player with excellent attention to detail. Nothing gets past you!
- You’re driven and proactive, and you can easily identify new strategic opportunities.
- You are low-ego and can give and receive constructive feedback.
- You are a strong communicator who is able to maintain lasting relationships with clients and teammates.
- You are able to think ‘outside the box’ and come up with creative solutions to complex problems.
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience in sales, account management, client experience, politics or communications.
- Excellent communication, presentation and problem solving skills and a demonstrated ability to maintain lasting relationships.
- Ability to work within clear guidelines and meet financial targets in a self directed way.
- Happy to work non-standard hours and travel to complete the required responsibilities.
NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Ability to speak multiple languages
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 50 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 6+ languages, 64% are women, non-binary or gender non-confirming —and we have BIPOC & 2SLGBTQIA+ at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Why work with us?
- Our entire team is campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer paid health leave and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where employees can opt to work from home and in the office.
- Our Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the $60,000-75,000
Step 1: Apply here
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Don’t delay your application!! We are looking to hire immediately and will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
Please note, for in-person work at our offices or with clients, employees are expected to be fully vaccinated
Point Blank is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any point during this process, please notify email@example.com and we will work with you to jointly address your needs.