ALBERTA CAMPAIGN DIRECTORSeptember 24, 2021
Point Blank’s Alberta Campaign Director is a pivotal role in the lead up to the next Alberta election in 2023, and is responsible for directing an exciting portfolio of campaigns and projects. Our Alberta clients include Alberta’s NDP, the United Nurses Association, the Alberta Teachers Association, Alberta Federation of Labour, Calgary & District Labour Council, the Edmonton & District Labour Council, CUPE 37, CUPE 38, ATU 583 and more. A stellar strategist and inspiring, dependable consultant, you would oversee all our work in Alberta, inspiring our clients to see and realize their untapped potential for impact. As the face of Point Blank in Alberta, you would play a leading role in deepening our client relationships, growing our work through business development, delivering pitches and proposals, cultivating local partnerships, and growing Point Blank’s reputation through thought leadership via media, social content, presentations and workshops. This position is based in Edmonton or Calgary.
- Oversee all of our Alberta campaigns work and provide strategic direction for major projects with our biggest clients.
- Craft a vision for the future of our work in Alberta and grow our reputation as Canada’s go-to progressive campaigns agency in collaboration with our Partnerships Director.
- Inspire, coach and manage our Alberta-based campaigners and ensure our work is impactful, innovative and fun (for us and our clients!)
- Cultivate impactful relationships with our clients and local partners.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced campaigner and consultant based in Alberta, or planning to move to AB in the next six months.
- Have held a pivotal role in a provincial or national focused governmental, Legislative, labour or progressive organization; have consulting experience in politics; or have significant volunteer progressive campaign leadership experience.
- Bring a strong reputation and relationships across the progressive movement, with a particular focus on labour and progressive politics.
- Possess excellent judgement and have strong literacy in digital content and tools.
- Are an expert in at least one of the following areas: digital campaigning, strategic communications, messaging, marketing or advertising (a combination of these is an asset).
- Ready to play a role in levelling up the progressive movement in Alberta and across Canada.
- Have a keen interest in business development and growing our client work.
- Happy to work non-standard hours and travel to complete the required responsibilities.
- Point Blank sees immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide range of backgrounds. We particularly encourage candidates from equity-seeking communities to apply.
- Professional fluency in French or other languages would be an asset, but is not required for this role.
- This position is based in Edmonton or Calgary.
WHY WORK WITH US?
Join a team of 50+ award-winning campaigners and creatives who are deeply committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and have fun doing it. We offer paid health leave, parental leave top ups, and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan. We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where staff can opt to work from home and in the office. Our offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat. We have brick and mortar offices in Vancouver, Ottawa, & Toronto as well as team members working in Edmonton, Winnipeg, Calgary, & Victoria.
HOW TO APPLY
- Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Alberta Campaign Director”. Please include your salary expectations with your application, and use your cover letter to tell us about two initiatives from your previous experience that match what we’re looking for
- Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Ideal Start Date: Oct 15, 2021
Closing Date: Apply now. Looking to hire immediately and we will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we believe in, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 50 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over half identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. Our work received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards and in 2018 our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category against entries from Canada, US, and around the world. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.