Associate Campaign Director/StrategistJune 23, 2022
6 MONTH CONTRACT
The Associate Campaign Director/Strategist is responsible for developing the strategy for small to medium campaigns and projects, including our rapid-response work on pressing issues. They provide strategic advice, craft impactful campaign plans and support the development of deliverables for innovative and successful campaigns.
Point Blank is committed to equitable hiring, development, and promotion with recognition that equity-seeking candidates continue to face systemic barriers to employment. We see immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from equity-seeking and under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Strategist for small to medium projects and/or rapid response campaigns
- Lead client discovery and research
- Craft smart and impactful campaign plans
- Draft insightful briefs to inform our creative, paid media, web and organizing teams
- Review and approve key project deliverables
- Provide ongoing strategic advice and identify innovative approaches, tools and tactics to help our clients win
WHO YOU ARE
- A savvy campaigner, digital organizer, fundraiser or communicator with 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Have held a related role in an agency or political, labour, non-profit, NGO or progressive organization; or have related experience in movement building and/or issue-based campaigning; or have comparable experience in an adjacent sector paired with strong knowledge of the progressive political landscape.
- Familiarity with the latest campaign tactics and technology, including but not limited to tools to drive impact for acquisition campaigns, advocacy campaigns, email programs, fundraising programs, awareness and persuasion campaigns, digital organizing, member engagement, GOTV, and more.
- Have a keen interest in helping to grow our work in existing and new practice areas.
- Happy to work non-standard hours and travel to complete the required responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 50 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 6+ languages, 64% are women, non-binary or gender non-confirming —and we have BIPOC & 2SLGBTQIA+ at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples..
Why work with us?
- Our entire team is campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer paid health leave and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where employees can opt to work from home and in the office.
- Our Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the $70,000-75,000 range.
This is a 6-month contract (leave coverage) with potential for extension.
Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Don’t delay your application!! We are looking to hire immediately and will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
Please note, for in-person work at our offices or with clients, employees are expected to be fully vaccinated
Point Blank is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation at any point during this process, please notify email@example.com and we will work with you to jointly address your needs.