Campaign DirectorDecember 10, 2020
The Campaign Director plays a pivotal role on our Campaigns Team, and is responsible for directing a unique portfolio of campaigns and projects. They provide strategic advice and take clients through our in-depth discovery process, shape research, identify insights and develop messaging to inform creative, and craft comprehensive campaign plans.
They oversee keystone client accounts to ensure our work is impactful and innovative and play a role in business development, contributing to pitches and proposals, cultivating partnerships, and growing Point Blank’s reputation through thought leadership via social content, presentations and workshops.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 35 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over 60% identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work as an integrated team on projects across Canada with staff in Vancouver, Edmonton, Victoria, Ottawa, and Toronto. Our offices are on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg and Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; and in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including Cree, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux Peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
- Direct medium to major projects, as assigned or in their focus area (either geographic or specialization).
- Lead deliverables in their focus area or as assigned.
- Direct small to medium accounts and grow Point Blank’s reputation in collaboration with Sales/Marketing.
- Lead, manage, and hold accountable junior campaigns team members as assigned.
- Ensure our campaigns work is impactful, innovative and fun.
- Cultivate relationships with partners and vendors.
WHO YOU ARE
- An experienced campaigner based in British Columbia, or planning to move to BC in the next six months.
- Have held a pivotal role in a provincial or national focused governmental, Legislative, labour or progressive organization; have consulting experience in politics; or have significant volunteer progressive campaign leadership experience.
- Bring a strong reputation and relationships across the progressive movement, with a particular focus on labour and progressive politics.
- Possess excellent judgement and have strong literacy in Digital Organizing.
- Are an expert in at least one of the following areas: digital campaigning, strategic communications, messaging, marketing or advertising (a combination of these is an asset.)
- Ready to play a role in levelling up the progressive movement in BC and across Canada.
- Have a keen interest in business development and growing our client work.
- Happy to work non-standard hours and travel to complete the required responsibilities.
- Point Blank sees immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. We particularly encourage candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Professional fluency in French or other languages would be an asset, but is not required for this role.
- This position is based in Vancouver, BC—but exceptions may be made for truly exceptional candidates.
Why work with us?
- You’ll work with collaborative and award-winning campaigns and creative teams.
- Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in—and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer career development and growth opportunities and a great benefits package—including a health and dental plan.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the $75,000-85,000 range.
Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Campaign Director”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and only top applicants invited for an interview.
Closing Date: Apply now, we are conducting rolling interviews for this role.