Digital OrganizerDecember 16, 2020
An essential link between strategy and audience, our Digital Organizers have an innate desire to engage supporters and connect with the people we target with our campaigns. They are digital oriented generalists who love digging into the details, developing and executing plans and making sure we’re reaching and engaging people through email, social media, and web.
This position is based in Edmonton, however exceptions may be made for truly exceptional candidates, and those with previous knowledge and experience in Edmonton politics.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 35 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over 60% identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work as an integrated team on projects across Canada with staff in Vancouver, Edmonton, Victoria, Ottawa, and Toronto. Our offices are on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishnaabeg and Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; and in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including Cree, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux Peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
Direct small and medium projects as assigned.
- Oversee execution of assigned projects, in conjunction with account director, deliverable leads and the creative team.
- Lead Discovery, Research, Strategy and provide strategic oversight on assigned campaigns.
- Work with the account director on client relationship management.
- Work with any deliverable leads and creatives assigned to the project to provide strategic direction and guidance.
Lead deliverables as assigned.
- Lead and be accountable for the success of assigned deliverables within projects, such as digital organizing programs, email programs, etc.
- Work with members of the campaigns and creative teams to develop and implement these deliverables.
- Working with the project lead, ensure that deliverables meet the strategic goals of the project.
- Report back on the success of these deliverables.
Support deliverable leads, as assigned.
- Work with project leads and directors to complete or implement deliverables, as assigned.
- Support the development of deliverables, working with other team members.
Support business development, sales and marketing as required.
- Work with account directors and the sales team to support business development on assigned projects by identifying opportunities.
- Report back on any identified opportunities for business development.
- Use your own networks to identify opportunities for business development and sales.
- Contribute to the development of proposals and pitches as assigned.
Deliver work that’s impactful, innovative and fun.
- Ensure your work is innovative and using creative campaign tools and tactics
- Ensure all work is impactful and strategic.
- Ensure all work builds organizational capacity with our clients.
- Bring fun to your work!
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and self-motivation.
- Work collaboratively with the team.
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Provide reliable turnaround within deadlines.
- Use networks to identify diverse talent and potential clients and partners.
- Bring clarity to complex projects and processes, with a focus on building excellent client relationships.
- Point Blank sees immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Professional fluency in French.
- Experience working in the tech, advertising, or political campaigns sectors.
Why work with us?
- You’ll work with collaborative and award-winning campaigns and creative teams.
- Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in—and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer career development and growth opportunities and a great benefits package—including a health and dental plan.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the $55,000-$75,000 range.
Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Organizer”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview and written test.
Closing Date: Apply now, we are conducting rolling interviews for this role.