French Copywriter – contract workJune 30, 2021
Point Blank Creative is seeking a talented French Copywriter to support our ongoing campaigns. You’ll play an essential role by drafting copy and/or providing translation from English to French for our award winning campaigns across Canada.
We are a Living Wage Employer and see immense value in developing long term, trusting relationships with our valued contractors. Successful candidates will be contracted for project work. Successful applicants must be permitted to work in Canada.
- You have a minimum of 3 years experience in translation, French writing and adaptation
- You have strong background in English-to-French translation combined with technical writing experience
- Excellent knowledge of French Canadian grammar, spelling, and usage, including the ability to craft culturally-sensitive copy
- Experience performing QA checks on documents
- You have clear communication skills and can take direction well
- You’re self-motivated and organized with the ability to prioritize tasks and deliver quality results within tight deadlines
- You’re comfortable collaborating and communicating within G Suite and Slack
- In addition to the above, if you’re skilled in writing/translating catchy, effective ad copy, taglines, and messaging – we want to hear about it
- Bonus if you’ve worked for a consumer brand, a brand-oriented agency, a not-for-profit, or on political campaigns
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
Send your cover letter, CV, samples of your writing and your rates to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply using the subject line “French Copywriter“. Applicants will be asked to complete a writing test as part of the screening process.
Closing date: Apply now! This is an open recruitment process.