Graphic Designers – contract workJune 30, 2021
Point Blank Creative is seeking talented Designers to support our team and augment our work throughout the year in the following two areas:
- Support our sales team in the design of pitches and proposals; and/or
- provide digital design support for advertising campaigns on issues of equity and social justice, progressive politics, and environmental issues.
We are a Living Wage Employer and see immense value in developing long term, trusting relationships with our valued contractors. Successful applicants will be hired on contract for project and ad-hoc work, and paid hourly. We are flexible on exact location, but candidates must be permitted to work in Canada
We are looking for two types of designers, highlighted below. Be sure to let us know which category you fall under in your cover letter and provide examples in your portfolio.
PROPOSAL DESIGNER (supporting our sales team)
- You have 2-3 years experience in graphic design, and love digging in to layout/typesetting tasks
- You’ve got a strong portfolio of design work, and proven experience designing eye catching pitches and proposals
- You take direction well and know how to ask clarifying questions
- You get excited about using your design skills to help us land new and meaningful work
DIGITAL DESIGNER (supporting our campaigns)
- You’re an exceptional designer with 2-4 years experience and a strong portfolio that includes digital and web
- You have proven experience working within established identity standards
- You have experience creating digital ads that connect with audiences on an emotional level and inspire them to take digital and real-world actions
- You’re excited about applying your design skills towards equity, social justice, and environmental issues, as well as progressive political campaigns
GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS (for both positions)
- You have 2+ years of relevant work experience for a consumer brand, a brand-oriented agency, a not-for-profit, or on political campaigns
- You understand and can apply political context to your work, especially when selecting images
- You’re self-motivated and organized with the ability to drive projects to completion
- You can easily prioritize tasks and deliver quality results within tight deadlines
- You have a post-secondary degree or diploma with a focus in graphic design, advertising, or marketing
- You’re proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, and familiar with Slack and G Suite
- Bilingualism is an asset
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
Send your cover letter, CV, samples of previous work and your rates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply using the subject line “Contract Designer – Proposals” or “Contract Designer – Campaigns”.
Closing date: July 31, 2021