Junior Project Manager / Project CoordinatorApril 26, 2022
You take pride in being the most organized person in the room, and love bringing the pieces of the puzzle together, no matter how challenging. As the incoming Project Coordinator you’ll join our team of savvy, fun and determined project managers and producers to support our team with our broad range of clients and service offerings. You’ll be leading smaller projects and/or supporting our team of Producers on larger projects and campaigns and will be responsible for ensuring that Point Blank consistently delivers an exceptional experience and work that exceeds client expectations. This position reports to the Head Producer and will be based in Vancouver.
WHAT YOU DO
- Add capacity to our team of Producers—taking on tasks or project managing parts of campaigns and stepping in to lead smaller projects to cover for absences and busy periods.
- Support production—help produce deliverables including but not limited to video, web, radio, digital ads and social and email content.
- Plan and project manage smaller projects including but not limited to data migrations, paid media projects, digital organizing programs, and branding & identity work.
- Support creating and updating timelines and schedules using project management software (Teamwork).
- Support keeping our team capacity up-to-date.
- Support planning and facilitating team and project meetings—booking them in, taking notes and consolidating and posting action items.
- Drive forward process improvements for the Producer team in collaboration with the Head Producer, including updating Teamwork templates.
- Proactively build strong, trusting partnerships with clients and internal teams, serving as a solutions-oriented fixer and day-to-day point of contact.
- Review deliverables to ensure they are up to Point Blank’s standards and fully reflect the client’s goals, constraints, and feedback.
- Monitor client & team satisfaction and promptly flag issues.
- Monitor project scope and promptly flag scope changes or creep.
- Identify opportunities for additional work.
- Present recommendations to clients and work for feedback/approval.
- Confirm & manage contractor invoicing and project expenses.
- Participate in debriefs with each project team and with clients, ensuring challenges and lessons are flagged for action.
- Participate in events on behalf of Point Blank, staying informed on agency and client activities (within and outside the scope of your projects).
WHO YOU ARE
- An exceptional problem solver and someone who enjoys learning new things.
- Have a “puzzle mind” – you enjoy the challenge of pulling in a lot of pieces of information and making it all make sense.
- You believe that the details matter, task oriented.
- Have a strong ability to prioritize tasks and excellent time management skills.
- Perceptive and proactive when it comes to the needs of others.
- Willing and able to learn and adapt to different digital tools and platforms (experience using project management software is a plus.)
- Analytical and solutions oriented, with solid communication skills.
- Highly motivated, you take initiative, and have an honest desire to create efficiency.
- Energized by focused, deep work.
- Low-ego and positive: you know how to work in a fast-paced environment and understand how details fit into the big picture.
- Resilient, you can work under pressure and extremely tight deadlines while maintaining a good sense of humour, tact, and professionalism.
- A generalist, you are comfortable talking about and producing the broad range of products and services Point Blank offers.
- A year + of experience as a Project Manager, Junior Producer, Production Coordinator, Production Assistant or similar for an agency.
- Excellent organizational & communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to balance complex projects with many moving parts.
- Based in Vancouver, this position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 45 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over half identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Why work with us?
- We offer a great benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- Our entire team is made up of campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- Our Vancouver and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat. A Toronto office is in the works!
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills and expected to be in the $50,000-$60,000 range.
Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Apply now, we will be conducting rolling interviews for this role.