Project Manager, SalesOctober 29, 2021
You’re a project management whiz who gets a thrill from submitting the perfect proposal and who can see opportunities where others won’t. You are a strong communicator, relentless with details and driven to contribute to the change we want to see in the world and the sustainability of our organization.
At Point Blank we see every client partnership and every new project as an opportunity to unleash progressive movements. We work with the labour movement, nonprofits, healthcare, and environmental orgs to uphold workers’ rights, influence policy, and draw attention to economic, social and environmental issues that impact the most vulnerable.
Reporting to the Partnerships Director, working closely with the Principals and helping to oversee the Partnerships Coordinator, this role is pivotal in helping to project manage our sales process and supporting business development for our growing organization. If you are a self-motivated project manager who is excited about sales and marketing, we want to hear from you.
Point Blank is committed to equitable hiring, development, and promotion with recognition that equity-seeking candidates continue to face systemic barriers to employment. We see immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from equity-seeking and under-represented backgrounds to apply.
WHAT YOU DO
PROJECT MANAGEMENT (IN SUPPORT OF SALES) – 85%
1. Day to day project management of most active sales, distributed between you and the Partnerships Coordinator, and with strategic direction from the Partnerships Director & Principals.
- Assist with external client communications and coordinate with internal key team members during the sales process.
- End-to-end project management of the sales process from initial client contact, proposal stage, to contracting and hiring and handoff.
- Project manage the production and delivery of proposals, RFPs and presentations.
- Take the lead on pricing for some projects.
- Identify and ensure development of appropriate Evaluation Materials post project wrap in conjunction with Project Directors & Producers.
- Identify and collate assets from current projects that would be used in case studies/project wrap ups (e.g in-situ OOO advertisements, social ads etc.)
- Producer for proposals and pitches, including: copy, design, and timeline for projects across teams using Teamwork.
- Manage and develop all inbound smaller and non-campaign quotes and proposals.
- Assist in overseeing the Partnerships Coordinator’s sales project management accountabilities.
2. Ongoing systemization of the business development process with direction from the Partnerships Director & Principals.
- Company capacity – working with the Resource Manager to identify pressures or opportunities in certain departments.
- Overseeing and identifying the end of the project evaluation materials process with the Producer and Campaign Director, ensuring necessary elements are developed for sales purposes.
3. Ensure the sales process is implemented and continuously improved in consultation with staff.
- Project manage sales for all projects big and small, and make improvements as needed working with key and affected staff.
- Continue to systematize and document best practices for the sales process.
- Continually ensure that the Sales Rundown, CRM and Master Project doc are inputted with up to date information.
4. Management of the sales CRM (Sales Rundown) & internal marketing/automation software (FreshSales & FreshMarketer) and ongoing development/training and implementation.
MARKETING – 15%
5. Manage marketing activities for Point Blank as detailed below:
- Assist the Principals & Partnerships Director in identifying, pursuing, and project managing marketing opportunities, such as sponsorships, webinars, thought leadership pieces, guest speaker opportunities etc. inc. new infrastructure to support these opportunities.
- Ongoing project management of the PB Website, Social and Newsletter, working with the wider team to identify and implement updates such as upload of case studies to the website, ensuring social/newsletter schedule is maintained and runs on time inc. other opportunities.
- Reviews & QA of social and web content – including but not limited to; PB Social Calendar, PB Newsletter, PB website.
- Management of all other internal sales and marketing materials/templates, such as PB proposal and presentation templates, ‘PB About Us’ and any other assets & materials used for sales purposes.
WHO YOU ARE
- A super organized project manager who is keen on sales.
- Deadline and goal driven with a positive attitude, you know how to move a project across the finish line.
- An excellent communicator whether written or spoken.
- You take detailed notes and know how to ask key questions to move conversations forward.
- You can work at a fast pace, managing multiple complex sales projects simultaneously.
- You are personable and professional, and thrive on work that is client-facing and builds relationships.
- Self motivated and accountable.
- 2-5 years experience working in project management, sales and/or business development; ideally in a tech, web or agency setting.
- High attention to detail. In fact, please let us know you’ve actually read this posting by including your favourite colour in your cover letter.
- Experience working with a CRM and/or Project Management software.
- Experience working within a team-based and highly collaborative sales environment.
- Comfortable working with numbers, and enjoy working in Google Sheets and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure, establish work priorities, and multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and judgement.
- Ability to work with short deadlines, and deliver on set milestones.
- Ability to consider and evaluate problems and produce viable solutions.
- We’re open to candidates from anywhere in Canada, but with a preference for candidates based in Toronto or Vancouver, followed by Ottawa, Edmonton, Calgary and Winnipeg. The person you report to works in Toronto.
- This position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
- Professional fluency in French.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates a computer and other office equipment and remains in a stationary position, often sitting (or standing if at a standing desk) for prolonged periods; communication is via email, chat, phone, video, and/or in-person with others inside and outside the agency in order to exchange information; repetitive motions may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers in order to operate computer and other office equipment.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 45 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over half identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
WHY WORK WITH US?
- Our entire team is campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer paid health leave and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where staff can opt to work from home and in the office.
- Our Vancouver and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat. Our Toronto office is opening soon!
Salary is commensurate with experience and expected to be in the range of $65,000-$80,000.
HOW TO APPLY
Step 1: Send your CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Project Manager, Sales”. Please include your salary expectations with your application and use your cover letter to tell us about two initiatives from your previous experience either in project management, working with a CRM, or in sales, that match what we’re looking for.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: open until filled. Don’t delay your application!! We are looking to hire immediately and will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.