Producer / Account ManagerJanuary 11, 2021
You take pride in being the most organized person in the room, and love bringing the pieces of the puzzle together, no matter how challenging. As the incoming Producer, you’ll join our team of savvy, fun and determined account managers to primarily work with our BC-based clients. You’ll manage a portfolio of projects and client relationships and be responsible for ensuring that Point Blank consistently delivers an exceptional experience and work that exceeds client expectations. This position reports to the Head Producer and will be based in Vancouver.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 35 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over 60% identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
WHAT YOU DO
- Proactively build strong, trusting partnerships with clients, serving as a solutions-oriented fixer and day-to-day point of contact for clients.
- Champion the client’s best interests, flagging concerns and maintaining open communication with client and project team to maintain and grow the account.
- Work with the Resource Coordinator to plan and coordinate project work and experience for clients to achieve their goals and exceed their expectations.
- Lead project teams through a full campaign process, running weekly status meetings to keep each team up-to-date and on track.
- Schedule and lead all client meetings and participate in all client communications.
- Review all deliverables to ensure they are up to Point Blank’s standards and fully reflect the client’s goals, constraints, and feedback.
- Present recommendations to clients and work for feedback/approval
- Monitor client satisfaction and handle disputes when they arise, promptly flagging serious issues.
- Monitor project scope and secure approvals for scope changes from clients.
- Identify opportunities for additional work.
- Confirm & manage contractor invoicing and project expenses.
- Hold project debriefs with each project team and with clients, ensuring challenges and lessons are flagged for action.
- Participate in events on behalf of Point Blank, staying informed on agency and client activities (within and outside the scope of your projects).
WHO YOU ARE
- Attentive, organized and dependable. You pride yourself on crossing every t and dotting every i. Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional.
- Outgoing and affable, you’ve got great people skills. You know how to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Low-ego and positive: you know how to work in a fast-paced environment and focus on the big picture.
- Persuasive and a confident negotiator, you know how to deliver bad news, work with difficult personalities, and bring people around to a different point of view.
- Collaborative and quick, you can think on your feet and find creative solutions in stressful situations.
- Resilient, you can work under pressure and extremely tight deadlines while maintaining a good sense of humour, tact, and professionalism.
- You are highly motivated, take initiative, and have an honest desire to provide excellent client service.
- A generalist, you are comfortable talking about and producing the broad range of products and services Point Blank offers.
- Strong project management experience. You will be responsible for making sure that projects are delivered on time and complete.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to balance complex projects with many moving parts.
- You have firsthand experience working on progressive digital campaigns in the political, non-profit, and/or union sector OR experience in digital marketing/advertising.
- Based in Vancouver, this position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
Why work with us?
- Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in—and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer career development and growth opportunities and a great benefits package—including a health and dental plan.
- Our Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa offices are centrally located—close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills and expected to be in the $60,000-$70,000 range.
Step 1: Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Producer/Account Manager”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Apply now. We will be conducting interviews early in February.