New Partnerships & Sales DirectorJanuary 11, 2021
Driven by strong relationships, our collective networks, and high-impact work, Point Blank has been on a strong growth trajectory for several years. Over the past 12 months, we’ve doubled our staff and added important clients across the country. We’re now looking for someone who can help direct and sustain that momentum and growth.
Finding the right clients and shaping those relationships is everything at Point Blank. Our partnerships with clients drive the change we want to see in the world and the sustainability of our organization – and the New Partnerships Director is right at the heart of this work.
You’ll work closely with Ash and Nate, the PB Principals, as well as the senior consultants and account directors who drive our new and existing partnerships across Canada. You’ll often be the one at the centre of big, ambitious discussions around how we can grow in strategic and impactful ways. As a member of the leadership team, you’ll have a chance to help shape the vision for the company and deal with important issues as they arise.
You’ll be supported by the Partnerships Manager and work closely with the resourcing team to ensure that the work we’re doing is the right work, at the right time. In this work, you’ll get to pull on our amazing team of 45+ creatives, campaigners, and account directors.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 35 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over 60% identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Our work has been recognized in Canada and America. In 2018, our Game Over Christy ad was recognized as “Best TV Ad” at the Reed Awards in their “Overall” category (entries from Canada, US, and around the world). Our work has also received nine nominations for the 2020 Reed Awards. Point Blank’s founder, Nathan Lusignan, has also been recognized as one of BC’s “Top Forty Under 40” entrepreneurs.
WHAT YOU DO
- Lead and manage annual and quarterly sales plans, including target setting, tracking, and reporting.
- Develop the sales strategy (including targets), growth metrics, and the KPIs that drive revenue goals.
- Leading the development of major proposals, presentations and pitches in partnership with PB project teams and lead consultants and creatives.
- Outbound sales & business development: generate and close new leads.
- Proactively research and understand our current and prospective clients and their organizational cycles/needs.
- Identify, target & nurture business development opportunities and strategic partnerships.
- Identify suitable public bid and RFP opportunities and manage the production and delivery of proposals, RFPs and presentations.
- Evaluate, identify and close new opportunities with existing clients/accounts.
- Oversee the day-to-day active sales, with strategic direction from PB’s Principals and Campaign Directors on major sales and day-to-day support from the Partnerships Manager
- Play a fundamental role in developing future growth initiatives and sales plans for new products, service offerings and technology by providing vision, direction and leadership.
- Support the optimization of the sales department in terms of structure, targets, capability to support scale and aggressive growth.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a way with words and enjoy writing.
- You never lose sight of the big picture.
- You are a strategic thinker who can make strong connections with new and existing clients to scope, shape and close new work.
- You understand that the best way to build a new partnership with a client is to listen to them and figure out how to best support the work they are doing.
- You’re a proactive and confident “connector” who can create opportunities and turn ideas into an executable plan.
- You’re friendly and direct.
- You know when to sit back and when to lead.
- You like breaking complex things down into digestible pieces for others.
- You enjoy face-to-face connection and have the ability to create trusting relationships.
- Professional, organized and accountable.
- Agency experience
- 3-5 years experience in B2B sales
- Proven proposal/pitch writing chops
- Experience working with a CRM and/or Project Management software
- High attention to detail
- Track record of consistently meeting/exceeding sales quotas personally and as a sales leader.
- Ability to manage multiple complex sales engagements
- Preference for candidates based in Toronto, Vancouver or Ottawa but also open to Calgary, Edmonton, or Montreal (due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we are working remotely.)
- This position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities
- Point Blank sees immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Advertising/agency related sales experience.
- Professional fluency in French.
- Experience working in the tech, advertising, labour or political campaigns sectors.
Why work with us?
- Our entire team are campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer a great benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- Our Vancouver, Edmonton and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and will include performance based bonuses.
Step 1: Send your CV and cover letter in a single document to email@example.com with the subject line “New Partnerships Director”. Please include your salary expectations with the application.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Apply now. We will be conducting rolling interviews for this position.