Sales & Business Development ManagerJune 4, 2021
Connecting with people and creating opportunities are things that come naturally to you. You love the thrill of finding and engaging with new clients, and accompanying them on a journey to bring their projects to life. You understand that creating new partnerships and maintaining current ones is what drives the change we want to see in the world as well as the sustainability of our organization. You are a strong communicator, relentless with details and driven to see a lead though from start to close.
In this role you’ll work closely with PB principal Nate Lusignan and our incoming Partnerships Director to drive sales and support business development for a growing organization of 45 leading campaigners and creatives, to help us unleash progressive movements across the country. Sound exciting? We want to hear from you.
WHAT YOU DO
SALES & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Generate, develop and close new leads, especially for smaller campaigns and standalone video, animation, web, and design work.
- Lead sales and act as the end-to-end point of contact for small campaigns and non-campaign work.
- Proactively research and understand our prospective and current clients and their business cycles/needs.
- Coordinate and actively participate in outreach and relationship building, including regular sales trips and personalized contact with clients (cold calls, hosting webinars, pitches, industry events and conferences.)
- Work closely with prospective clients and internal teams to scope, shape and close new work.
- Bring a strategic approach to the execution of quarterly and annual sales and business development plans in consultation with key staff, the incoming Partnerships Director, and Managing Partners; including tracking and reporting.
- Project manage sales according to established processes, sales and business development plans, and schedule.
- Manage external client communications and coordinate with internal key team members during the sales process.
- Provide regular updates and status reports to the Partnerships Director and Managing Partner.
- Identify suitable public bid and RFP opportunities and project manage the production and delivery of proposals, RFPs, and presentations.
- Coordinate and develop all inbound smaller and non-campaign quotes and proposals.
- Contribute to and support the team in the development of proposals for larger projects as required.
SALES OPERATIONS & STRATEGY
- Ensure that the sales process is implemented and continuously improved in consultation with key staff and the Partnerships Manager.
- Contribute to the systematization of the sales process and documentation of best practices.
- Continually ensure that the Sales Rundown, CRM, and Master Project docs are inputted with up-to-date information.
- Support Partnerships Manager with marketing efforts (trade shows, client presentations, webinars etc.)
WHO YOU ARE
- You ask the right questions.
- You can work at a fast pace, managing multiple complex sales projects simultaneously.
- You understand that the best way to build a new partnership with a client is to listen to them and figure out how we can best support the work they are doing.
- You can bring clarity at the end of an open-ended discussion where everyone knows something positive happened, but isn’t quite sure what was agreed to or what the next steps are.
- A proactive and confident “connector” who can create opportunities and turn ideas into an executable plan.
- You know how to prioritize tasks and accomplish goals.
- Takes detailed notes and asks key questions to move conversations forward.
- Professional, organized, and accountable.
- 2-4 years experience working in sales and/or business development; ideally in a tech, web or agency setting.
- High attention to detail. In fact, please let us know you’ve actually read this posting by including your favourite colour in your cover letter.
- Experience working with a CRM and/or Project Management software.
- Experience working within a team-based sales environment.
- Preference for candidates based in Toronto, Vancouver or Ottawa but also open to Calgary and Edmonton.
- This position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
- Point Blank sees immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Professional fluency in French.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 45 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over half identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Why work with us?
- We offer a great benefits package—including a health and dental plan.
- Our entire team is campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- Once a year we fly the whole team to Vancouver for a fun staff retreat, for team building, training, and ample social opportunities.
- Our Vancouver and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and will be negotiated with the successful candidate, and will include base + commission.
Step 1: Send your CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Sales & Business Development Manager”.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.