Senior ProducerJanuary 4, 2022
You take pride in being the most organized person in the room, and love bringing the pieces of the puzzle together, no matter how challenging. As the incoming Senior Producer, you’ll join our team of savvy, fun and determined Producers to work across our full service integrated campaigns. You’ll manage a portfolio of projects and client relationships and be responsible for ensuring that Point Blank consistently delivers an exceptional experience and work that exceeds client expectations. This position reports to the Head Producer and can be based anywhere in Canada.
Point Blank is committed to equitable hiring, development, and promotion with recognition that equity-seeking candidates continue to face systemic barriers to employment. We see immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from equity-seeking and under-represented backgrounds to apply.
WHAT YOU DO
- Design & maintain complex project timelines; plan and project manage medium to major full service campaigns from strategy, creative, to production and distribution.
- Produce a full suite of campaign deliverables (including but not limited to: digital ads, videos, print media, email campaigns and landing pages), managing internal project teams, external suppliers and production budgets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with project teams & suppliers and identify opportunities to increase flow & fun in-project.
- Show leadership: own a team process/focus area and/or champion positive change – flag & drive improvements pertaining to the producer team.
- Ensure all deliverables are up to Point Blank’s standards and fully reflect the client’s goals, constraints, and feedback.
- Monitor client & team satisfaction and handle disputes when they arise, promptly flagging serious issues.
- Present recommendations to clients and work for feedback/approval.
- Participate in events on behalf of Point Blank, staying informed on agency and client activities (within and outside the scope of your projects).
WHO YOU ARE
- Attentive, organized and dependable. You pride yourself on crossing every t and dotting every i. Your written and verbal communication skills are exceptional.
- Outgoing and affable, you’ve got great people skills. You know how to develop and maintain strong client relationships.
- Low-ego and positive: you know how to work in a fast-paced environment and focus on the big picture.
- Persuasive and a confident negotiator, you know how to deliver bad news, work with difficult personalities, and bring people around to a different point of view.
- Collaborative and quick, you can think on your feet and find creative solutions in stressful situations.
- Resilient, you can work under pressure and extremely tight deadlines while maintaining a good sense of humour, tact, and professionalism.
- You are highly motivated, take initiative, and have an honest desire to provide excellent client service.
- A generalist, you are comfortable talking about and producing the broad range of products and services Point Blank offers.
- 5 years of project management or producer experience, ideally in an agency setting. You will be responsible for making sure that projects are delivered on time and complete.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to balance complex projects with many moving parts.
- A big plus would be experience working on progressive digital campaigns in the political, non-profit, and/or union sector.
- Leadership skills – you are able to step in and immediately lead a project from start to finish, you’re proactive and find the answers you need to get things done.
- This position requires some travel and non-standard work hours as needed to complete the required responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 45 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 12+ languages, and over half identify as women—and we have gender parity and diverse sexual identities at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Why work with us?
- Our entire team is campaigners who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer paid health leave and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where employees can opt to work from home and in the office.
- Our Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills and within the $70,000-$80,000 range.
Step 1: Send us your CV and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Producer”. Please include your salary expectations with your application.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Apply now, we are looking to hire immediately and we will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis for this role.