Senior StrategistFebruary 16, 2023
The Senior Strategist is responsible for developing the strategy for major campaigns and projects, including election campaigns, national and provincial projects with key clients, and our rapid-response work on pressing issues. They provide overall direction and strategic advice, lead research efforts, craft impactful campaign plans and support the development of deliverables for innovative and successful campaigns, as well as providing strategic input for major proposals and sales opportunities. As a senior member of our Campaigns team within the Strategy department, the ideal candidate has strong existing relationships and experience working on labour and political campaigns in Ontario.
Point Blank is committed to equitable hiring, development, and promotion with recognition that equity-seeking candidates continue to face systemic barriers to employment. We see immense value in hiring, training and promoting professionals from a wide variety of backgrounds. Because of this, we particularly encourage candidates from equity-seeking and under-represented backgrounds to apply.
- Senior Strategist for major campaigns and/or election campaigns requiring discovery, research and strategic plan including campaign plan or communications plan
- Lead client discovery, including questionnaires and discovery summary
- Lead research; identify research partner, draft research instrument, draft research summary
- Lead overall strategy & campaign plan
- Draft project briefs; creative brief, paid media brief (does not draft production brief)
- Provide briefing and insights to organizing lead to draft organizing brief, as required
- Provide briefing and insights to web lead to draft web brief, as required
- Provide strategic input on project deliverables including the creative concepts, creative deliverables, paid media plan, weekly reports
- Draft final campaign report
- Attends key client meetings, as required
- Cultivates key relationships with labour and political leaders
- Provides strategic input in to major proposals or sales opportunities, as required
WHO YOU ARE
- A savvy leader, campaigner, organizer, or movement builder with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Have held a related role in an agency or political, labour, non-profit, NGO or progressive organization; or have related experience in movement building and/or issue-based campaigning; or have comparable experience in an adjacent sector paired with strong knowledge of the progressive political landscape.
- Familiarity with the latest campaign tactics and technology, including but not limited to tools to drive impact for acquisition campaigns, advocacy campaigns, email programs, fundraising programs, awareness and persuasion campaigns, digital organizing, member engagement, GOTV, and more.
- Have a keen interest in helping to grow our work in existing and new practice areas.
- Happy to work non-standard hours and travel to complete the required responsibilities.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2009, Point Blank Creative is a national full-service agency working to unleash the power of progressive movements by bringing together best practices in traditional advertising, digital, and community organizing. We work with movements and causes we care about, with a particular focus on the labour movement, electoral politics, health care, and issues of economic, social, and environmental justice.
Our team is an incredible group of progressives who have all chosen to work at Point Blank for the same reason it was founded: to help progressive organizations build effective tools, winning campaigns, and game-changing movements. We’re proud to say that our 50 staff hail from 8+ countries, speak 6+ languages, 64% are women, non-binary or gender non-conforming —and we have BIPOC & 2SLGBTQIA+ at every level of the agency.
We work and live on the unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinaabe and Coast Salish peoples, as well as the Coast Salish territory of the Lək̓ʷəŋən (Lekwungen)/Songhees, Esquimalt, WSÁNEĆ Nations, including the territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Stó:lō, səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish) Nations; in Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous peoples, including Plains and Woodland Cree, Assiniboine, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux peoples; in Treaty 13, the traditional territory of many nations including the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishinabewaki ᐊᓂᔑᓈᐯᐗᑭ, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee and Huron-Wendat peoples, this land is also home to many diverse Indigenous, Inuit and Métis peoples.
Why work with us?
- Our entire team is campaigners and creatives who are committed to social change. We work with causes and movements we believe in – and we have a great time doing it.
- We offer paid health leave and an extended benefits package – including a health and dental plan.
- We offer flexible working arrangements using a hybrid model where employees can opt to work from home and in the office.
- Our Vancouver, Toronto and Ottawa offices are centrally located – close to transit and great places to live and eat.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is expected to be in the $86,576 – $94,271 range.
Step 1: Apply here.
Step 2: Submissions will be reviewed, and top applicants invited for an interview. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: We are looking to hire immediately and we will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis for this role.