This policy applies to all in-person and online client service interactions and includes, but is not limited to, interactions through the organization’s website, online chat, and email. For clarity, although it has been written in accordance with the AODA, this policy is applicable to work that Point Blank does for clients across Canada and internationally.
- To provide accessible client service that meets the needs of individuals with disabilities (including physical, mental, intellectual, cognitive, learning, communication, or sensory impairment) and is consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity.
- To understand and respond to the unique needs of individuals with disabilities in a respectful and sensitive manner.
- To provide customers with disabilities with the same level of service and access to information as customers without disabilities.
- To provide training to all employees who interact with customers through our online services on how to provide accessible and inclusive customer service.
- Flexible Communication Practices (but are not limited to):
- We will work with the person with a disability to determine what method of communication works for them.
- All customer-facing emails will be written in clear, concise language and will include a plain text version for individuals who use assistive technologies.
- We will provide written information in an alternative format, such as plain language or large print.
- We will provide flexible options for communication, such as email, to accommodate individuals who may experience anxiety or discomfort in phone or in-person interactions.
- We will provide breaks or additional time for individuals with disabilities to complete transactions or provide information.
- We will allow individuals with disabilities to request and receive assistance from a support person.
- We will leverage assistive and translation technology such as Google Translate and Microsoft Translator to ensure effective and clear communication.
- Accessible Website Design: Our website will be designed and maintained in accordance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level AA. This includes ensuring that all website content is properly structured and labeled, and that alternative text is provided for images.
- Customer Service Training: All employees who interact with customers will receive training on accessible customer service. This training will be updated as required to reflect changes in technology and accessibility requirements.
- Feedback and Complaints: Individuals who have feedback or complaints regarding our accessible customer service can contact us through our website, by phone, or by email. We will respond promptly to all feedback and complaints and will make every effort to resolve any accessibility issues in a timely and effective manner.
- Confidentiality and Privacy: All employees will maintain confidentiality and privacy in all interactions with individuals with disabilities.
- Regular Review: This policy will be reviewed regularly to ensure continued compliance with AODA, and adherence to best practices.
All Point Blank Creative staff will be trained on accessible customer service within one month after being hired.
Training will include:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Any changes made to our Accessible Client Service policies.
Assistive Communication Tools
Below are examples of assistive communication online tools that may be leveraged to provide accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
- Zoom Accessibility: A video conferencing tool that includes features such as closed captioning, keyboard accessibility, and screen reader compatibility.
- Google Meet Accessibility: A video conferencing tool that includes features such as closed captioning, keyboard accessibility, and screen reader compatibility.
- Ava: A real-time captioning tool that provides live captions for audio and video content, including webinars, meetings, and conferences.
- ClaroRead: A text-to-speech software that reads text aloud, highlighting each word as it is spoken.
- AudioEye: An online accessibility tool that provides accessibility solutions for websites, including text-to-speech, keyboard navigation, and high-contrast mode.
- Voice Recognition Tools: Tools like Apple Siri, Amazon Alexa, and Google Assistant can help individuals with speech or motor impairments to control devices, access information, and complete tasks using only their voice.
Availability of Documents
Point Blank Creative will notify the public that documents related to accessible customer service, are available upon request by posting a notice in the following ways:
Point Blank Creative will provide this policy in an accessible format or with communication support on request. We will consult with the person making the request to determine the suitability of the format or communication support. We will provide the accessible format in a timely manner and at no additional cost.
Point Blank Creative will provide all employees with a copy of this policy along with training on the topic.